Hopefully, in the not too distant future, we will be able to resume a full range of dental services as restrictions are lifted.
At that time, you can be assured that our number one priority is to maintain the health of everyone who comes to our Practice. That includes you, our patients, and us, the team at Quirke Dental. We would like to continue working together in a safe way.
We have always had infection control procedures which have been at the best practice level and this pandemic has spurred us into taking even greater measures to minimise any risks. We have sourced high level PPE and have invested in anti-viral clean air technology and additional cross-infection control protocols which exceed the current HSE and Dental Council guidelines. As you can imagine, such equipment is in extremely high demand globally but we have worked hard to source the best options for our staff and our patients.
When you next attend for an appointment, you will see some new procedures and equipment. There will also be some additional procedures going on in the background which you won’t see.
Here is a brief outline of some of the main differences you may notice.
· Access to the Practice will be via intercom only for a period of time. When we are allowed to resume routine treatment and you wish to arrange an appointment, please call us on 051 421453.
· We will ask you about your health more often. Your temperature will be taken and recorded when you arrive.
· You are asked to come alone, or with just one helper or parent as required. We also ask that you do not bring any unnecessary items such as shopping bags etc to the Practice.
· You will see sneeze guards in place at Reception and a social distancing line on the floor.
· We will ask you to wash and sanitise your hands. A specific public sink is designated for this purpose. There are additional hand sanitisers in place around the Practice.
· You will see that we have installed medical grade air sterilisation equipment which will be continuously purifying the air.
· The dentists, hygienists and nurses will be wearing additional personal protective equipment appropriate to the procedure you are appointed to have.
· We will ask you to rinse your mouth with a special anti-microbial mouthrinse at the beginning of each appointment.
· We will use additional suction if you are having a filling, a hygienist appointment or similar procedure. This is using medical grade UV light disinfection technology to further purify the air.
· We will seek to minimise your number of appointments by trying to achieve more treatments in each appointment.
· Appointment times will be a bit longer than previously as we implement all of these additional risk minimisation measures.
We would appreciate your ongoing co-operation in introducing these measures.