For a smile that will last a lifetime, check out this list of foods that will help strengthen your teeth:
- Fruits: Enjoy a grapefruit and help out your gums, or drink a glass of cranberry juice to kill oral bacteria, but watch out for unnecessary added sugar! Go all-natural whenever possible.
- Dairy: Packed full of vitamin D and calcium, milk and cheese are both great sources of nutrients to strengthen your teeth—from the enamel straight down to the roots.
- Proteins: Feast on meat, beans or eggs—all great sources of phosphorous—and improve the strength of your jawbone.
- Grains: Choose whole cereal grains like corn, rice and wheat to enjoy a stronger set of teeth, but just like sugary juices, avoid processed grain-based foods that will coat your teeth in sugar.
- Sesame Seeds: Surprisingly, sesame seeds—along with broccoli—act as natural toothbrushes, scrubbing your teeth clean and keeping your smile bright!